Learn to explore your data at a deeper level.
With the accelerating advancement of consumer technology, scientific technology has made amazing leaps. To analyse the often immense amounts of data created by these cutting-edge technologies can be hard for students and researchers with little training in algorithmic data analysis and programming, which is especially common in the life sciences.
We offer professional MATLAB workshops aimed at complete beginners or researchers with experience in other programming languages. The aim of our workshops is to teach the programming language MATLAB to a level where students can confidently plan, execute and analyse experiments, and dig as deeply into their data as their science requires and their curiosity calls for.
Teach your students the skills they need.
Example of a 4 half-day workshop content:
- Representing and selecting your experimental data (variable types, vectors and matrices, filtering data)
- Plotting and labeling data
- Automating your analysis pt. I (scripts and functions, commenting, debugging)
- Reading/writing data, communicating with other programs
- Automating your analysis pt. II (controlling program flow, conditions, loops)
- Basic statistics and curve fitting
- Introduction to MATLAB toolboxes
- Optional section: MATLAB applications in Biology / the host department (guest lecturers)
For more information on our basic and advanced workshops, please download our brochure.